The Hikma Research Partnership is a group of Christian leaders and ministers of a Muslim background with mature mission partners with substantial experience in training and discipling amongst believers from a Muslim background, working together with a vision of:
1. Encouraging and guiding BMBs to research and write as a contribution to their own cultural contexts and for the world church. Research may include sharing about BMB discipleship issues, perspectives and stories, and be at academic, non-academic and practical levels, both in and for the BMB context.
2. Sharing this research and writing around the world, amplifying the voice of BMBs in the global church.
The Interim Steering Group are leading the formation of the Partnership with the intention of beginning activities in these areas:
- RESEARCH - facilitating individual and collective research projects
- MENTORING - matching BMBs seeking to research and write with experienced mentors and co-writers
- REGIONAL AND INTERNATIONAL GATHERINGS - facilitating groups gathering to learn from each other, plan and discuss research and writing via workshops. We will also facilitate theme-related consultations.
- PUBLISHING - assisting BMBs and BMB-focused researchers, thinkers, artists, poets, musicians and writers with finding pathways to publishing in multiple formats
While coming under the objectives of Word of Life as a registered charity, HRP aspires to be a neutral place for discussion and collaboration for a range of interested partners. Word of Life hopes that this research and collaboration will enable more fruitful discipleship and training for those of Muslim background, with curricula that are relevant to their own issues.
If you would like to find out more, or have work to submit for our research bank, please contact Pat Brittenden or the Word of Life office.